Capturing Celeste

My favorite type of book is one that I can't put down. One that I get crabby when my lunch break is over because I just want to keep reading. One that makes that tiktok sound, we all know the one "All I want to do is read a book today, all I really wanna do is read a book." On a freaking loop in my head. Books I obsess over if only for a short while. 

I recently picked up a new novel by an Indie author "Capturing Celeste" by T. Ashley. To say I didn't want to put this book down is an understatement. I read it earlier this week while still in the very deep throws of a kidney infection where I was still going to work so I was constantly exhausted and would give anything to lay down and sleep. Anything that is except for putting this book down apparently. It took some real adulting and me "momming" myself to get myself away from the book, lights off and trying to sleep. 

Celeste has always worked hard. Always done her best, loyal friend, good employee, overall genuine and nice person. So why is it that she is constantly looked over for promotions, constantly having her chances and ideas snatched away and landing on her friend Elaine's desk instead. Fortunately or perhaps unfortunately things are about to drastically change for Celeste. When her small PR firm is bought out, Celeste alone is chosen to be taken on by the new company. Presented with a chance to represent the biggest name of her career. Even more surprising, she got it. Her life becomes a whirlwind of activity as her career and romance life pick up. Going on tour with her new client livens it up even more. But, dark forces are at play and Celeste is about to get the biggest surprise of her life. 

This book was delicious. It was funny and relatable and wonderfully spicy in some areas, so if spice isn't your thing I'd skip this one. 

Celeste is so many of us. Working her hardest, trying to be honest and have integrity and getting stepped on by bitches who are not our friends. Because sometimes you learn "this bitch is not your friend". Probably my favorite moment of the book. When she's sitting there with Elaine and gets the random thought that "This bitch is not your friend". 

I don't want to spoil the ending so I'm trying not to say too much but I was not expecting this to be a fantasy book. The ending. chefs kiss, what, I mean what. I was not expecting that and now I am thoroughly hooked and will be watching T Ashley's tiktok for when she finishes another book in this series because I want to know more!

Comments