She writes Life

If you've been following along for awhile, you'll know that I hopped on the pre-order train for the first time this year, and have not looked back. Preorders are my new favorite thing. Excitedly anticipating the release of the next book in a series or a new book you ran across on social media is a definite serotonin boost. 

I'm going a little out of order...okay a lot out of order on my book reviews because I am seriously behind. We're talking like a couple weeks to a month and at least 4 books behind. I would pretend that in 2022 this will never be a statement I'm going to make, but the entire point of this blog is to share books I love with ya'll and it's supposed to be fun and not stressful. Also I've been working very hard in therapy to stop lying to myself. So, I will probably have more episodes of being behind, or not posting consistently, but that's okay. Reading is something I do purely for me, and I intend to fully keep it that way. 

One of my recent reads, and recent preorders that I have been on the edge of my seat waiting for is "Even Hearts Struggle" by Elizabeth Garner. If you enjoy romance novels that will rip your heart out. She is your girl. The first novel in the series came out earlier this year and as I told ya'll then, it emotionally destroyed me. 

"Even Hearts Struggle" follows Evie, Chris, Charlie and Bernie on the next chapter of their lives. Evie and Chris are finally an item. Charlie and Bernie are still so adorable it makes me sick, I'm kidding Charlie is forever my favorite character. I want to be Charlie, but I'm not that brave, so what I really want is to be friends with Charlie. They are an incredible character. Evie is struggling to recover after a tragic accident. It's Chris's turn for drama as his ex shows up and starts causing problems; and we get to spend more time with his sister Ivy. 

I don't want to give too much away, the book only recently dropped and I don't want to spoil it for anyone. But what I will say, is that this book is full of so much love, so much chosen family. There is drama, there are moments you will want to cry. Moments you will want to laugh and cheer. 

My favorite part about Em Garner's writing is that she writes life. She draws you in with her characters in a way that you don't feel you are seeing the story through their eyes. You feel like you are another friend in the room. That you belong in their little chosen family. She writes the good, the bad, the happy and the sad. She writes the messy and the silly. The only comparison I can think of is the show "A Million Little Things", you are following along with these friends through life. You aren't entirely sure where you are going to end up, or how things are going to work out. But you know that it is going to be beautiful no matter what. 

If you read her books please talk to me about them, because I am obsessed and also I want to know if we agree on favorite characters haha. 

Also, not a spoiler, but I will say, Gavin's guest appearance threw me for a whole other loop. 

Comments