My 21 favorites of 2021

 Hello lovelies, first may I just say that if you have read any of my blogs this year, then I sincerely love you. I started this project back in 2020 but had been thinking of it for years. I know I've been absent a bit this year, going through major life changes, major mental health crisis. Yet I have never heard an unkind word from any of you on any of my platforms, only love and respect and book recommendations. 

I didn't finish all my reviews this year and to be honest, I'm not going to (don't worry authors I'll still try to leave goodreads and amazon reviews for ya'll) I've been stressing about being 6 reviews behind and so I'm giving myself a gift, of moving on to new books and new thoughts and a new year. May this next year be full of just as many if not more amazing reads.

Without further ado, in no particular order here are my 21 favorite books of 2021. Disclaimer, some of these are re-reads, some of these were not published in 2021, these are simply my favorite 21 out of 110 books I read this past year:

1. The Gilded ones by Namina Forna

    This book is beyond incredible, the storytelling, the magic. I cannot wait for the sequel this next year, it is sublime. 







2. House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A Craig

    This book had me so gripped I read it in one afternoon and will be reading her other novel this coming year. 









3. Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan

    I am in love with this entire trilogy, strong female leads, magic, destiny, found family...absolute love


4. The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner

    I heard a rumor this was becoming a movie or show...I need to see it now because I never wanted this book to end. 

5. Even Hearts Struggle by Elizabeth Garner

    The first book in this series was my first read of hers and now I want to own and read every book she writes. Instant favorite author. 


6. The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang

    Definitely triggering, watching her main character discover a fact about themselves that explained their entire childhood. Yeah I felt it on a personal level. Maybe one of the most important books I've ever read. Loved it. 

7. House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas

    This was a buddy re-read that I first read last year. How this woman continues to write such incredible novels and new worlds I will never know but I am here for every series she is ever willing to share with us. 

8. The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi

    A re-read as the sequel came out this year (which I also loved) but this book is just so incredible it's still my favorite of the two. 

9. The Booksellers secret by Michelle Gable

    Favorite author need I say more, also of course this was fabulous. I stayed up all night to read the book.

10. We are the Brennan's by Tracey Lange

    This is a book that will stay with me forever. Such an incredible novel. 

11. Legendborn by Tracy Deonn

    I screamed...legit screamed when I discovered she's writing a sequel, does that describe it for you?

12. What we Carry by Maya Shanbag Lang

    Such a powerful memoir of the relationship between a mother and daughter. The secrets our mother's don't tell us. 

13. In a book club far away by Tif Marcelo

    I laughed, I cried, this book gave me all the warm fuzzies


14. Matchmaking for Beginners by Maddie Dawson

    I was first introduced to this book last year by my Aunt. I've read it three times since May of 2020...suffice to say it will be repeated at least once a year till I die. 


15. A Paris Apartment by Michelle Gable

    Yes a repeat author. This is my all time favorite of her books, again will probably read every year now that I got myself a copy. 


16. On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn

    Bridgerton was an instant obsession for me. I've watched the series at least 5 times and read all the books as quickly as I could get my hands on them after the first watching. But if I had to chose just one, this is my favorite. 




17. Ice Kissed by Amanda Hocking   

    I will never stop loving that my Mama tried a fantasy series and introduced me to such an amazing author. The second book in this trilogy is my favorite but I honestly love all her books I've read so far. 

18. The Magnificent Nine by James Lovegrove

    Firefly, this man wrote novels about Firefly...I am in love

19. Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan

    The sequel to Girls of Paper and Fire, PHENOMENAL

20. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

    I loved the shadow and bone triology but Six of Crows was incredible

21. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

    Ok ya'll know I had to end it with Jane Eyre, all time favorite book, will read forever and ever even though its huge and full of old English. Finished this year's read yesterday and still have the warm happy feelings from such a tragic and beautiful love story. 

Comments