Hollow's Sunrise

While I'm definitely new to the reverse harem genre, I've been known to read a few (more than a few) shifter romance novels. They are interesting okay, not that anyone needs to justify their preferences in literature, what matters is that we're reading and enjoying it ya'll. 

I received an ARC copy of "Hollow's Sunrise" by Quell T. Fox and Ariel Dawn, through Eclipse Author Services. While part of me thought I was insane for signing up for another ARC read after having so magnificently burning my reading self out; this was a quick fun read and I clearly had nothing to worry about, when it comes to possible burn out. 

This book is a spicy reverse harem (I honestly don't know if there is such a thing as non-spicy reverse harem). Set in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, the prime spot for shifters obviously. 

Jade has never left Starfall Creek, the community of shifters living on the edge of the human lands. Starfall Creek houses several packs, who's next Alpha's are not chosen specifically by bloodline but by a panel of Elders. Rev is a human, living in the adjacent small town, working at his parent's store with no knowledge of Starfall Creek other than that several people live off the grid in that area and his friend Ranger is one of them. Ranger stops into the store to make supply runs and has often met Rev after for a beer. 

Rev lives an uneventful small town life...that is until the day Ranger is attacked in his parents store and Rev bears witness to not only Ranger but the assailant shifting. By shifter law, Rev should be executed to protect the secret of the shifters. However, Ranger's pack chooses to spare Rev, unfortunately Ranger's assailant's pack does not agree and Rev is pulled into the world of shifters, infected, and fighting for his life. It's up to Jade, Ranger, and Jade's fiancĂ© and future alpha to save him. 

This book was INTENSE. I loved it haha. It was easy to read in a day because you don't want to put it down. Fox and Dawn kept the plot moving in such a deliciously fast pace that you never have a lull to get bored. It's one thing after another on this crazy adventure. 

I'm not sure if reverse harem itself is really my thing, but I know I'll be reading the next one regardless as I need to know what happens to Jade. Ya'll left it on a cliffhanger and I need to know how it turns out...though betting on the way this first novel was written I'll need to read the entire series because I foresee a cliff hanger being dumped on me at the end of the next one, which all I can say is well played. 

If shifters and/or reverse harem is your thing, I would highly recommend this one, when it comes out on August 17.

Comments