The Angel's Vow

I may have burned myself out guys...I'm kidding, but not really. My depression chose to mask itself in obsessive reading back in May. I think I read 20 books that month. I pushed through for Indie TBR in June and I think I have finished three books the entire month of July. To say the least I have been in a massive reading slump. However I sense it ending and I am so glad, I do believe it has something to do with the novel I finished tonight as it was just wow. 

Also heads up it does become available on the 1st so snag your copy then because you should read it....and get the prequel too, while I think both novels can stand on their own, you should read both because if you love fantasy you will love R. L. Perez's "Bloodcaster Chronicles". Blood witches, drama, murder, friendship, the fight between good and evil...go read it!

It is impossible to read this series and not fall in love with Cora. She is so fierce, so invincible and yet so down to earth and amazing. I think she is badass as hell, and at the same time I want to give her the biggest hug because you know that girl needs it. 

The second novel "The Angel's Vow" follows Cora and Vince after they defeat Hector. Cora is now chained to a desk (metaphorically speaking), bogged down in paperwork as she navigates her takeover of the coven. Does she enjoy it? I mean she's a lethal killer used to hunting her next victim, now she sits behind a desk, you tell me. Vince has been banished to the Astral realm to be a Reaper; something he's no longer sure he wants. The clincher being, there's no way out of it. He either takes his Reaper vow or he's done for, because he can't leave. They're both struggling with their new roles when a vicious foe appears, threatening both of their clans and they are once again thrust together in a battle to vanquish it. 

I loved diving deeper into Cora and Vince's characters and watching them grow and stretch. When Cora took that run to get rid of the pent up energy normally expelled by hunting. I was so damn proud of her and so happy for her. Also what is going on with Vince's power, he's like a dang superhero. Any magical ability thrown his way as soon as he pushes his lack of self confidence down, he is a badass at. 

Also I need someone else to read it and be on team Benny with me. I know, I know, Vince and Cora are a love story for the ages. But, Benny is actually attainable and he's so sweet and protective of Cora and she cares about him at least on some level. Why am I like this, I always choose the guy who isn't going to win. I know it in my bones right now that Benny is not going to get the girl in any book in the series and it makes me sad. But, at the same time happy for Vince and Cora because they need to be together....In short my emotions are a mess, and I can't wait for the third book. 

Happy reading...now go grab your copy this weekend. 

Comments