Red's Robin

I swear I read faster than I can write these things. It doesn't help that my depression likes to ninja jump me at random  moments and make anything other than absolutely necessary functions impossible. All I will say on that matter, is if you have depression, get you a stellar support system, who will anticipate and take care of your needs and not expect you to be okay. Thanks hubby <3

Anywho, back to the books!

"Red's Robin" by Nicola Ormerod was the next Indie TBR takeover that I finished. It follows a young model named Robin. Robin doesn't believe in love or relationships, she tires of men after a few weeks at the absolute maximum and is perfectly content with life continuing this way. Then in a club one night she meets Red...as it turns out Red is her soulmate. I may have read too much about paranormal soulmates that I called it the minute she started feeling like someone was watching her and being inexplicably drawn to this person. Yup, soulmate, called it. 

The novel continues on as Red almost kills Robin (on accident, silly vampire loosing control), and then changing her. Unfortunately or fortunately Robin is not an average vampire, once turned she happens to be an elite type that has mostly been wiped from the planet millennium ago as they are virtually indestructible. Robin survives off vampire blood not human blood, she can survive a staking and various other injuries and heals within seconds rather than hours. 

Being instantly drawn to Red, she proceeds to help his clan with their search to discover why their members are disappearing. 

This novel is definitely spicy. I'd give it a spice warning level 6? So if you don't like spice, thank you for reading, please scroll on to the next suggestion. 

I enjoyed this one, Nicola's writing flows very easily and she hit all the best paranormal troupes (in my opinion). Red being Robin's soulmate, or I suppose the other way around. Robin being this super badass elite breed of vampire that essentially saves the world....

One thing I'm curious about that isn't often really stated in paranormal novels. Do mortal humans have soulmates in the those worlds too? I know that they are the soulmate to some paranormal being, but if the paranormal being never told them would they even realize they had a soulmate? I'm overthinking again...but I'm curious. 

Robin's character is definitely badass, not every girl would be like oh you're a vampire, you almost killed me and then turned me? Okay cool, lets roll with it. We're soulmates even better. Nicola writes the story in a way that Robin is badass and believable in this attitude. 

I also loved that Robin finding her soulmate made her more sentimental. She was a very cold character to begin with. Out for herself, not giving a damn about anyone else. I suppose it was a method of survival as the snippets of her background that we see and her choice in careers leave little room for sentimentality. But, I loved watching her thaw, set her friend up with a new job, reach out to her mother. It was nice. 

In short, if you like vampires, soulmates and spice, read this novel...If you have an issue with any of those things, skip and wait to for the next one...well maybe wait a few haha the next two I've finished of my Indie TBR are 5000% spice.  

Comments