New Favorite Series!!!!

Bookstagram is going to be the death of my wallet. It's like being in a bookstore, every time I click over to insta. I keep having to institute book buying bans on myself, and then breaking said bans....my self control over book buying since I broke my six year streak back in September with "The Last Story of Mina Lee" has been zilch. 

I held out pretty long on this one...okay I held out two weeks, but that's a long time for me recently. Then I gave in and brought myself joy on a bad day by ordering it. 

"The Gilded Ones" is incredible. According to her goodreads profile it looks like Namina Forna is contracted for another 2 books in the series and I cannot wait! "The Gilded Ones" follows Deka as she is labeled impure (her blood runs gold and she basically can't permanently die which is super cool). She is subjected to a "death mandate" and bled for the gold in her veins until rescued by an agent from the emperor. Deka is then taken to become a part of a new army of Impure ones, to kill of the death shrieks (large terrifying creatures that attack the country, kidnapping girls and killing the men). 

It is a powerful story. Full of friendship and girl power which is my favorite brand of kick ass obviously. Lots of twists and turns and to be honest I did not see that ending coming. I had an idea the death shrieks were trying to protect the girls they took, but like, mind blown!

I loved Deka's relationship with Brita, their beautiful friendship and the fierce love Deka realized for her, even after telling herself that she couldn't let anyone close, that they would always let her down. After everything all these girls went through to finally have people they could count on made my heart happy. Brita broke through everyone's walls and gave them a reason to be family, let them see that it was okay to love and cherish. 

I love Ixa, he reminds me of my cat. Mixed with a Pokémon. Obviously he only communicates through his name, but I love how much subtle personality is given to him. 

In short this book is amazing, take it off your list and just read it now!



Comments