Buffy

Normal teenage girl sometimes, vampire slaying badass the rest of the time? Sign Me up.


Hubby’s most recent obsessively excited push to get me to read more comics and graphic novels introduced me to yet another character that I absolutely love. Buffy is a complete badass and “Hell Mouth” was the perfect jumping on spot for me.


Packed with action and hilarious moments it made me want to come back for more Buffy, I may even start watching the old episodes of the tv show.


I love Buffy’s attitude, her sass and snark are perfect. The balance between her and Angel is a great dynamic that I hope they have explored in several more issues.


It’s crazy how many sci-fi’s feature a monster that uses our emotions, our greatest fears, the things we love the most against us. I feel like it’s the media’s way of trying to turn us into unfeeling robots. Feelings are weakness and all that. I love that Buffy was not swayed by the monster taking on the form of her mother. That she knew her own mother well enough to know that this imposter was not the real thing. The amount of mental strength that would take is impressive.


I loved that she didn’t give up, no matter what happened she kept pressing forward so sure in herself that whether this was the end or not, she had to finish it and do everything she could to protect the people and community she loved.


I feel like there’s a lesson in that, fight for what you care for, no matter how much the world tells you that love is a weakness.


“Hellmouth” by Joss Whedon

https://www.comixology.com/Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer-Angel-Hellmouth-1/digital-comic/801722

Comments