Hubby is Adorable

Last time we stopped by the comic shop I told hubby to only grab his comic, that I didn’t need anything. Of course he didn’t listen to me and as he is absolutely in love with me reading comics came back to the car and handed me my first introduction to rogue (aside from the 80’s xmen cartoons you can find on disney plus). He grabbed the Mr & Mrs X : Love and Marriage edition. He said he thought it was a good introduction to her. 


I find it absolutely poetic that my adorable hubby bought me the edition about Rogue and Gambit’s marriage. Super cute….


For me a major factor in me being willing to read a comic book series arc is the artwork. If I don’t personally absolutely love the art the story doesn’t matter, I will have way too much trouble reading it and won’t like it. I am very easily distracted and bad (in my opinion) artwork is such a turn off for me. I’m sure there are some people with polar opposite taste than mine in artwork and that’s the beauty of comics. There are so many different arcs on all of these main characters, they’ve been around for YEARS and that means there are a variety of artists to choose from. 


I loved the art style in this edition. I can’t really explain what exactly I look for in the art style, I just instantly know if I love or hate it. It’s also a way I’ve chosen books in bookstores in the past, I look at the cover art and some cover art pulls you in and makes you want to read the book more than any description or title. Some graphic art styles pull you in, grab you and make you want to read. These particular illustrators made me want to read this story. 


I love the relationship between Gambit and Rogue, I honestly wouldn’t mind reading an entire story arc centered on both of them and their relationship. They are adorable, and catty and remind me a lot of the relationship I have with my husband. We will make fun of each other incessantly but would do anything for each other and that’s the same vibe I saw between Rogue and Gambit. Being so sarcastic, arguing, and loving each other with everything they had. Accepting each other with all of their flaws, the good and the bad, the family members they don’t really want, the obstacles, the differences in opinion. 


A 6 issue collection managed to show a real relationship, while also slaying the crazy aliens….


I’m definitely going to be looking for more of this particular series when I next venture out of my cocoon to the comic shop. 



Mrs. And Mrs. X : Love and Marriage by Kelly Thompson, illustrated by Oscar Bazaldua, Terry Dodson, and David Lopez 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40943765-mr-and-mrs-x-vol-1


Comments